Introducing Snowmass Elite Transcendence (White) D.O.B 14.7.2009
Snowmass Elite Transcendence is the senior male in our shipment of elite new genetics from Snowmass Alpacas – one of the finest breeders of alpacas in the US. He is a stunning white male with an impeccable pedigree and already has his first progeny on the ground in the US.
What is striking about Transcendence is the brightness, soft handle, deep crimp, excellent staple length and the outstanding consistency of his superfine fleece packed onto an imposing frame.
- 2010 14.8µ, 2.9µ SD, 19.5% CV, SF 14.2µ - grid sample*
- 2011 14.1µ, 2.5µ SD, 17.7% CV, SF 13.3µ - midside only
- 2012 16.1µ, 3.3µ SD, 20.1% CV, SF 15.6µ - grid sample*
- 2013 17.0µ, 3.3µ SD, 19.2% CV, SF 16.3µ - grid sample*
- 2014 16.4µ, 2.9µ SD, 17.6% CV, SF 15.5µ - grid sample*
* (Grid sample average from shoulder, mid-side and hip)
The quality of his fleece in his neck and brisket is nothing short of impressive and was influential in our decision to purchase this remarkable male.
His sire, Snowmass Elite Legend, is described by Snowmass as the master of herdsires reflecting the outstanding fleece characteristics that he reliably passes to his progeny. This has led to him being the most awarded 'Herd-sire of the Year' at the top US alpaca show – the Futurity. The grandsire of Transcendence - the world famous Snowmass Quechua, was Futurity Herd-sire of the Year in 2007 & 2008. This highlights the cementing of genetic traits across generations.
- 2006 13.9µ, 2.8µ SD, 20.0% CV, CF 0.1%, 13.4µ SF, 62.4 Mean Curv
- 2007 14.6µ, 3.0µ SD, 20.3% CV, CF 0.3%, 14.2µ SF, Mean Curv: 58.3
- 2008 15.7µ, 2.6µ SD, 16.7% CV, CF 0.1%, 14.8µ SF, Mean Curv: 51
- 2009 20.5µ, 2.9µ SD, 14.2% CV, CF 0.4%, 19µ SF, Mean Curv: 44.6
- 2010 19.8µ, 3.1µ SD, 15.4% CV, CF 0.3%, 18.4µ SF, Mean Curv: 47.2
- 2012 21.1µ, 3.2µ SD, 15.2% CV, CF 0.9%, 19.7µ SF, Mean Curv: 44.5
- 2013 21.1µ, 3.4µ SD, 16.1% CV, CF 1.1%, 19.8µ SF, Mean Curv: 46.1
- 2014 20.4µ, 3.1µ SD, 15.3% CV, CF 0.5%, 19.0µ SF, Mean Curv: 51.5
- 2015 20.9µ, 3.1µ SD, 14.8% CV, Mean Curv: 49.3
With these impeccable bloodlines you have consistency and excellence in desirable fleece characteristics as well as purity in clear bright white genetics.
Transcendence will be available for limited mating from spring 2015.Talk to us about how you can access his superior genes.